My main current topics of interest are:
- machine learning
- theory and algorithms
- natural language processing
- speech processing
- string algorithms
- computational biology
The following are some selected topics with a list of publications:
Some recent talks:
- Spectral Learning of General Weighted Automata via Constrained Matrix Completion, NIPS 2012, Lake Tahoe, NV, December 2012.
- A Disambiguation Algorithm for Finite Automata and Functional Transducers, CIAA 2012, Porto, Portugal, July 2012.
- Adapting to a Non-Ideal World, Ecole Normale Superieure and Ecole des Mines, SMILE talks, Paris, France, June 2012.
- Discrepancy and Adaptation, NIPS 2011 Workshop, Sierra Nevada, Spain, December 2011.
- Domain adaptation in regression, ALT 2011, Espoo, Finland, October 2011.
- Tutorial: Learning Kernels, ICML 2011, Bellevue, Washington, July 2011.
- Learning Kernels Can Help Performance, Center for Information and Systems Emgineering (CISE), Boston University, Boston, MA, April 2011.
- Learning Bounds for Importance Weighting, NIPS 2010 poster, Vancouver, Canada, December 2010.
- Domain Adaptation Theory and Algorithms, Polytechnic Institute, Brooklyn, NY, December 2010.
- Learning in a Non-Ideal World, PRIML (Penn Research in Machine Learning), University of Pennsylvania, PA, October 2010.
- Generalization Bounds for Learning Kernels, ICML 2010, Haifa, Israel, June 2010.
- Matrix Approximation for Large-Scale Learning, MMDS 2010, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, June 2010.
- Learning kernels, NIPS workshop, Vancouver, Canada, December 2009.
- Learning languages and rational kernels, NIPS workshop, Vancouver, Canada, December 2009.
- Learning with expert advice (tutorial), ML Seminar, Courant Institute, New York, NY, December 2009.
- Learning with imperfect data, Google MTV & UC Berkeley, CA, April 2009.