[FOM] independence from ZFC

Paul B Levy P.B.Levy at cs.bham.ac.uk
Thu Oct 5 12:39:07 EDT 2017

Hi,

I would like to include the following statements in a paper:

(1) The existence of a Kurepa tree is independent of ZFC, assuming [...]

(2) Whether aleph_2 has the tree property is independent of ZFC,
assuming [...]

As I'm unfamiliar with this area, can someone please tell me how to fill
the blanks?  I don't need the minimal assumption (if there is such a
thing), just something reasonable.  References would also be helpful.

Paul

--
Paul Blain Levy
School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham