[FOM] Ultrafinitism - help!

Jean Paul van Bendegem jpvbende at vub.ac.be
Wed Jan 23 07:43:26 EST 2013

On my personal website - http://www.jeanpaulvanbendegem.be - there is a link to (personal) work on strict finitism and the last topic mentioned in the list has a pdf-file with a set of references, best wishes, Jean Paul (Van Bendegem)

>I have a student here who wants to write a fourth year (Part III) essay on
>ultrafinitism, a topic of which my knowledge is, as it were, *ultra*finite.
>Within 10 days i have to supply the faculty office a couple of paragraphs
>saying what the student should read and what sort of topics the essay
>should cover, which results should be proved, and so on.
>     Any enthusiasts out there who can get me out of this hole?
>FOM mailing list
>FOM at cs.nyu.edu

Jean Paul Van Bendegem
Centrum voor Logica en Wetenschapsfilosofie
Center for Logic and Philosophy of Science
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Pleinlaan 2
B-1050 Brussel

Room 5B447