[FOM] Godel in AMS notices

Timothy Y. Chow tchow at alum.mit.edu
Thu Apr 6 18:47:08 EDT 2006

John Baldwin <jbaldwin at uic.edu> wrote:
> I draw your attention to the April 2006 edition of the AMS notices which
> is devoted almost entirely to Godel.

I second the recommendation.  The articles on math are well written,
though probably won't teach much new to FOM readers.  But some of the
biographical information is also interesting.  Some of the photos
surprised me when I examined them closely.  For example, there's a report
card in which Goedel earned a "sehr gut" in every subject that he took,
except for one subject in which he earned only a "gut."  His weak subject?
Mathematics.

Tim