Ngô Thanh Nhàn
New York University
of Mathematical Sciences
Linguistic String Project
715 Broadway, Room 1007
New York, New York 10003
Tel: +1 212 998-3099
Fax: +1 212 995-4123
RELATED LSP TOPICS
- Glasgow Royal Infirmary
- Massachussetts General Hospital - Epilepsy Clinic
- Mayo Clinic
- Louvain Test
Last edited January 22, 1998
Research in Linguistics
and Computer Standardization
Contact me for more information.
Vietnamese Standard Code Pages
- Cross labeled bracketing in syntax, presented at
the 1982 Annual Conference of the International Linguistic
Association, New York.
- Lieber's Percolation and Vietnamese Compounds,
presented at the 1983 LSA Annual Meeting, Minneapolis,
- The syllabeme and patterns of word formation in
Vietnamese. NYU Ph.D. dissertation. 2/1984.
- Reduplication, `Interlocking' Phrases and
Cocompounding in Vietnamese, presented at the 1984 LSA Annual
Meeting, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Vân ðê kiên trúc chu Viêt trên máy tính ðiên tu
[Some problems in the designing of Vietnamese on a computer],
Vietnam Culture Journal 4.4 (11/1985): 210-217.
- Môt sô vân ðê vê chuân chính ta tu ðông trong
tiêng Viêt không dùng tù ðiên [Some issues in the automatic
spelling correction in Vietnamese without a dictionary], Ðât
Viêt 6-1986: 9-11.
- Vài suy nghi vê huóng phát triên máy tính ðiên
tu tai Viêt Nam [On the policy of computer development in Viêt
Nam], Ðât Viêt 2-1988.
- The problems of sorting Vietnamese on computer,
paper prepared for the 1988 International Conference on Computer
Processing of Chinese and Oriental Languages on Aug. 29-Sept. 1,
1988 in Toronto, Canada.
- A proposal for standard Vietnamese character
encodings in a unified text processing framework, with James Ðô
and Nguyên Hoàng. Computer Standards & Interfaces 14 (1/1992):3-10.
- Introduction to Nôm - a Vietnamese script - for
computer character encoding, with James Ðô and Nguyên Hoàng.
Paper presented at the Unicode Han Subcommittee Meeting, May 7,
1992 at Xerox Corporation, Palo Alto, CA. Document No. HCS
92-3-2 and 3.
- Môt sô kêt qua vê cách ðat tu ðông ðúng dâu phu vào chu
viêt tiêng Viêt [An algorithm for correct placement of
diacritic marks on Vietnamese written syllable], with James Ðô
and Nguyên Hoàng. Tap chí Ngôn Ngu [Linguistic Review],
86 (1992):14-23. Hà Nôi, Viêt Nam.
- Vài suy nghi ðóng góp vào viêc tiên tói môt
phuong huóng xay dung và phát triên ngành công nghiêp tin hoc
Viêt Nam [Some thought on the direction of building and
developing a Vietnamese information technology], with Nguyên
Hoàng and James Ðô. Paper presented at the Third National
Informatic Week, Hanoi, July 6-10, 1992. Excerpts in Tin hoc và
Ðòi sông [Informatics & Life] 4.1992(4/1993):10-13,18.
- Nôm Proper Code Table, version 1.1, with James
Ðô and Nguyên Hoàng. Presented at the Fifth CJK-JRG
Meeting, Nov 30-Dec 2, 1992. Honolulu, HI. Document No. CJK
- Nôm Proper Code Table, version 2.0 (with
electronic version), with James Ðô, Ngô Thê Long and Nguyên
Hoàng (May 193). To be published.
- Nôm Proper Code Table, version 2.1 (with
electronic version), with James Ðô, and Nguyên Hoàng. Documents
ISO/IEC JTC1/SC2/WG2/IRG N018, Fukuoka, Japan, Oct 4-6, 1993.
- Nôm Charcter Encoding & Font Design, with James
Ðô and Ngô Trung Viêt. A brief status report for the AFII World
Font II Conference. Beijing, October 25-29, 1993.
- Vài ý nghi vê vân ðê cai tô giáo duc ðai hoc
Viêt Nam, [Some issues in the Reform of Higher Education in
Vietnam] with Nguyên Dung. Paper presented at the Consultant
Conference on Higher Education Reform in Vietnam: Policy and
Program Strategy, by the Ministry of Education and Training and
Ban Viêt Kiêu Trung uong. February 17-19, 1994. Hô Chí Minh
City, Viêt Nam.
- Some issues in automatic spell checking of
Vietnamese written syllables without an associated spelling
dictionary. Paper presented at Tuân lê Tin hoc 4 -- The Fourth
Biennual Technical Conference and Exhibition (IW'94), Hô Chí
Minh City, Viêt Nam. August 2-6, 1994.
- IT standardization policy in Vietnam,
with Trân Luu Chuong, Ngô Trung Viêt, James
Ðô and Nguyên Hoàng (Vietnam Technical
Committee on IT TCVN/TC1 and IT Standards Committee SCNPIT/ITSC).
Paper presented at The Asia-Pacific Symposium on Information and
Telecommunication Technologies (APSITT'97). Hà Nôi,
Viêt Nam. March 12-14,1997.
Back to top.