seminar on foundations of quantum mechanics

Lukasz T. Stepien sfstepie at cyf-kr.edu.pl
Mon Apr 13 17:59:37 EDT 2020

Dear FOMers

  The seminar on foundations of quantum mechanics (mentioned previously
by me), has been exceptionally (because of  Easter) rescheduled for
Tuesday, April 14th (15:00 UTC).

   The informations on planned talks are placed on the website:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rM8PJHK6A-jUJu37yyWhZ8Wk3upK_OAYzDsL57DFz4A/edit
 .

                                 Best Regards,

                              Lukasz T. Stepien

---

Lukasz T. Stepien

The Pedagogical University of Cracow
Institute of Computer Science,
ul. Podchorazych 2
30-084 Krakow
Poland

tel. +48 12 662-78-54, +48 12 662-78-44

The URL  http://www.ltstepien.up.krakow.pl

On 2020-04-11 21:16, Lukasz T. Stepien wrote:

> Dear FOMers
>
> Many thanks to Vladik Kreinovich for the information about the article on possible relations between intuitionistic mathematics and quantum physics.
>
> I take also this opportunity to inform you about an online seminar on foundations of quantum mechanics (Organizers:  Jaroslaw Duda - Institute of Computer Science, Jagiellonian University, Cracow, and Pawel Blasiak  - Institute of Nuclear Physics, Cracow). This seminar takes place on Mondays, 15:00 UTC, and as I know, this is also scheduled for Monday, April 13th.
>
> Link:
> https://zoom.us/j/355593797?pwd=c3Q4a0J2RFUzbjAzbXVhemVISGc3dz09
> Meeting ID: 355 593 797
> Password: 011802
>
> Best wishes
>
> Lukasz T. Stepien
>
> ---
>
> Lukasz T. Stepien
>
> The Pedagogical University of Cracow
> Institute of Computer Science,
> ul. Podchorazych 2
> 30-084 Krakow
> Poland
>
> tel. +48 12 662-78-54, +48 12 662-78-44
>
> The URL  http://www.ltstepien.up.krakow.pl
>
> On 2020-04-10 21:11, Kreinovich, Vladik wrote:
>
>> https://www.quantamagazine.org/does-time-really-flow-new-clues-come-from-a-century-old-approach-to-math-20200407/
>>
>> I am personally not (should it be not yet?) convinced, but a serious physicist Nicholas Gisin who in 2009, was awarded the First Biennial John Stewart Bell Prize [1] for Research on Fundamental Issues in Quantum Mechanics and their Applications, believes that intuitionistic math can help in quantum physics

Links:
------
[1] https://www.unige.ch/gap/quantum/news:20090816-0000-pngatfbp