[FOM] questions re Axiom of Choice

Mitchell Spector spector at alum.mit.edu
Sat Feb 23 23:53:14 EST 2019

This statement is equivalent to: "Every set of Scott cardinals has a choice function."

According to Asaf Karagila's answer at https://math.stackexchange.com/q/423369 , Jech and Sochor
showed that this is not provable in ZF, and then Pincus gave another proof of this fact.  I don't
have specific references though.

Mitchell