Dimensionality Reduction Fall 2010 - Assignments/Project
Tentative Assignment/Project Schedule
- Assignment 1, posted Jan 28.
- Assignment 1 due Feb. 11 at 1:30pm in class or by email.
- Assignment 2, posted Feb. 18.
- Assignment 2 will be due March 4 at 1:30pm in class or by email.
- Assignment 3, posted March 11.
- Assignment 3 will be due April 1 (no joke) at 1:30pm in class or by email.
- Projects due noon April 30, by email.
Send postscript or pdf files ONLY, do not send Word, Html or other formats.
Project info sheet
A few suggestions for project ideas as well.
NIPS style file, example latex and formatting guide for other packages are
Please note that for this class, 5 pages is a hard upper limit on length. Don't go over!
- Weekly readings worth 1% each, on the honour system.
Once you have done the weekly reading, follow this link:
Online Reading Submission
The system will make a record and add 1% to your grade.
- 3 assignments worth 18% each.
- 1 final project worth 33%.
- Tuesday Feb16 - deadline to enroll (with late fee)
- Monday Feb8, 2010 - last day to drop
You may discuss the general idea of the questions with anyone you like,
but your discussion may not include the specific answers
to any of the problems.
In other words, you should always be able to answer,
by yourself, the question "How did you get this answer?"
Late assignments/projects are not accepted except in the case of medical/family
issues. But extensions are easy to get: just ask me in writing or by email
at least one week before the due date saying why you need an extension
and if you request is reasonable I will approve it.
Course Information |
Lecture Schedule/Notes |
G22-3033 - Dimensionality Reduction || www.cs.nyu.edu/~roweis/dimension_reduction/