CSC412S Spring 2002 - Textbook and Other Readings
The textbook for the class is Michael Jordan,
An Introduction to Graphical Models
This textbook is not yet published, but drafts are available online.
Click here to access the book.
The user name and password will be provided in class.
- Jan 7 - Ch 1 (not available), summary of Ch 4.2
- Jan 9/14 -- Ch 2.1,2.2,2.3
- Jan 16 -- Ch7.1.1,7.1.2,7.1.3,7.2
Not required, but if you want some extra info on the
theoretical results, I also put up Ch 15 (it uses 4.x for section numbers).
- Jan 21 -- Ch8.1,8.2, parts of Ch4.1,4.2, parts of Ch5 but not online algorithms
- Jan 23 -- Ch8.3 except 8.3.4 (IPF), parts of Ch6
- Jan18,25 -- Ch12 in tutorials
- Jan 28 -- Ch18 (not available) and these
- Jan 30 -- Ch8.4,Ch9.1.0,9.1.1,9.2.0,9.2.1,9.3 (see also 4.2.1,4.2.2)
- Feb 4 -- Ch10, Ch9.1 (see also Jaakkola EM notes below)
- Feb 6/11 -- Ch13 (see also review paper below)
- Feb 13 -- Ch10, Ch9.1 (see also Neal/Hinton paper below)
- Feb 25 -- Ch4.0, Ch4.1, Ch 4.2.1
- Feb 27 -- Ch3 (see also Jaakkola elimination notes below)
- March 4/6 -- Ch11
- March 13/18/20 -- Ch16
- March 25 -- Ch17.1
- March 27 -- Ch19 (except 19.2.3)
- April 1
- April 3 -- See
and also this short paper.
Course Information |
Lecture Schedule/Notes |
Free Marks |
CSC412 - Uncertainty and Learning in Artificial Intelligence || www.cs.toronto.edu/~roweis/csc412/