Computer System Organization II
Professor: Chee Yap
Name: Chien-I Liao
E-mail: cil217 at nyu dot edu (Please add [05CSO] at the beginning of the title)
HW6 grades available on blackboard (Sample Solution)
HW5 grades available on blackboard (Sample Solution)
HW4 grades available on blackboard (Sample Solution)
HW3 grades available on blackboard (Sample Solution)
HW2 grades available on blackboard (Sample Solution)
HW1 grades available on blackboard
For written homework:
1. If you decide to hand-write your homework, please keep it clean and better print it to avoid any misunderstanding.
2. If the problem is asking you doing calculation (e.g. how much time, how many jobs), make sure you have sufficient but succint explanation. Next time your grade will be deducted if only a number appears on your homework.
3. Don't abbreviate unless it appears in the book or conventionally. I accept "i.e." for "that is", "e.g." for "for example" and so on. But not "u" as "you", "@" as "at".
For programming assignment:
1. Please E-MAIL me and also send a copy to instructor.
2. Your title should be: [05CSO] Yourname hwx submission (Example: [05CSO] Chien-I hw4 submission)
3. I will send you back a confirmation after receiving your work. If not, please let me know.
4. For programming assignments, please use makefile to compile and run your program. At least I should be able to run your program by entering "make". If you have other specification, please also provide a readme file. At most 10% of the grade would be subtracted due to no or bad documentation.
1. No plagiarism. I will look into the source code and report to instructor if any possible plagiarism such as simply changing comments or variable names.
2. If you have any problem about the grade, please first E-MAIL me in two weeks. If you were still not satisfied, please contact the instructor directly.
The POSIX Threads Library <pthread.h> (HW4)
Linux Manpage Viewer
Class web page