[SMT-LIB] SL-COMP 2015: Call for contributions

Mihaela Sighireanu sighirea at liafa.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Tue Jun 23 01:01:52 EDT 2015

               CALL FOR COMMENTS, BENCHMARKS, AND SOLVERS
        2nd International Competition of Solvers for Separation Logic

                              SL-COMP'15

MOTIVATION

Separation Logic (SL) is an established and fairly popular Hoare logic
for imperative, heap-manipulating programs. Its high expressivity, its
ability to generate compact proofs, and its support for local reasoning
have motivated the development of tools for automatic reasoning about
programs using SL. These tools intensively use (semi-)decision
procedures
for checking satisfiability and/or entailment problems in SL.

The first competition of SL solvers took place in 2014 as an unofficial
event at FLoC Olympic Games. It was an opportunity to collect more than
600 benchmarks, to make available the participating solvers on a common
platform (StarExec), and to obtain very useful insights about the
techniques
used by these solvers. For the second edition of this competition,
we are looking for more benchmarks and participants.

CALL FOR COMMENTS

The organizing committee is particularly interested by comments
concerning:

- SL fragment: The 2014 edition focused on the symbolic heaps fragment
   of SL with Inductive Definitions because it was the intersection
   of the fragments dealt by the participating solvers. We might consider
   other fragments, e.g., extension of SL with data and length
constraints.

- Benchmarks: The current set of benchmarks was built based on
contributions
   sent by each solver. This may lead to an over-representation of
   some categories of problems that are efficiently dealt by the
participants.
   We are interested in comments on the existing benchmarks and their
   adequacy to the needs of the SL-based tools.

- Scoring: The scoring system used is the one of SMT-COMP'14, i.e., it
gives
   priority to the soundness of the solver, then to the number of
correctly
   solved problems over the time taken in solving the correctly solved
problems.
   The difficulty of the problems is ignored. Also, some tools may be
concerned
   with fast solutions of most problems rather than eventual solution of
more
   problems. We might reconsider the scoring metric for this competition.

CALL FOR BENCHMARKS

The competition needs to enhance the existing benchmarks with one
issued from industrial applications and tools. The organizing committee
is interested by having this material even if it is not in the format
required by the competition.

CALL FOR SOLVERS

The solvers participating at the first edition will be also present
to this year edition. It is useful for the organizing committee to
know in advance how many solvers may be entering.
Thus we request that you let us know as soon as possible (and before
the deadline) if you think you may submit a solver to SL-COMP 15.
The organizing committee is willing to provide support for preparing
the incoming solvers.

DATES

Benchmark proposal     15  July,      2015
Solver registration    24  July,      2015
Competition first run  26  August,    2015
Competition final run   7  September, 2015

CONTACT

The competition web site is at www.liafa.univ-paris-diderot.fr/slcomp/

For questions about the competition, the benchmarks, or the organization
of the competition, please contact:
Mihaela.Sighireanu at liafa.univ-paris-diderot.fr

For comments on the above topics, please consider posting on
our mailing list: sl-comp at googlegroups.com.
Web archive: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sl-comp