[SMT-LIB] Yices 2 source available

Martin Brain martin.brain at cs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 6 13:15:30 EDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-08-06 at 09:57 -0700, Bruno Dutertre wrote:
> We are pleased to announce that the Yices source code
> is now available.  Source and binary distributions
> can be downloaded at http://yices.csl.sri.com/
>
> The current release is Yices 2.2.2. It fixes several
> bugs and includes support for solving exists/forall
> problems.
>
> Please visit http://yices.csl.sri.com for updates and more
> information about Yices.

May I ask for a little clarification on the licence.  It says:

"This EULA permits use of the software only for projects that do not
receive external funding other than government research grants and
contracts. Any other use requires a commercial license."

It does not specify which government, I presume it means the US
government.  It is also not clear whether this covers extra-national
entities such as EU funding bodies, or government funding that is not a
research grant or contract (for example the TSB in the UK).  Depending
on the interpretation of these, a number of people on the list may or
may not be able to access the source.

Cheers,
 - Martin