[SMT-LIB] Translating SMT-LIB 1.2 Benchmarks into 2.0?

Morgan Deters mdeters at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 10:46:47 EST 2011

Hi Tjark,

Yes, CVC3 does this---but not the current release version.  Recent
nightly builds will do what you want:

  http://goedel.cims.nyu.edu/cvc3-builds/

The command line you'll want is something like

  cvc3 +translate -lang smt -output-lang smt2 benchmark.smt

..and this is (roughly) what we've done to translate the SMT-LIB library.

A caveat: a number of conformance issues have been found with the
SMT-LIB (version 2) library, and some of these represent bugs with the
CVC3 translator that haven't yet been resolved.  We're working on
those, and when you see a new SMT-LIB benchmark announcement on this
mailing list, you'll know also that all known outstanding issues with
the CVC3 translator have been fixed.

Morgan