[SMT-LIB] executing scripts in SMTLIB

Aaron Stump aaron-stump at uiowa.edu
Thu Jul 15 18:37:08 EDT 2010

Hi, David.  Can you say a bit more about how you envision such
functionality being used?  I'm just wondering, because since we expect
mostly the scripts will be generated, probably dynamically, by other
tools, they can just as well take care of reading some file of
background definitions or something, and then sending that in.  It may
become just another issue of where should we put the burden, on the
solver side or application side.  And it should be noted that, as far
as I understood talking to several (on the order of 2 or 3) solver
implementors, they did not submit to SMT-COMP 2010 at least partly
because they did not manage yet to add support for the new language.
So pushing more stuff onto the solver side is a real issue right now.

Aaron