[SMT-LIB] Integer division

Cesare Tinelli tinelli at cs.uiowa.edu
Thu Aug 7 18:11:45 EDT 2008

Hi John,

On Aug 5, 2008, at 6:32 PM, John R Harrison wrote:

> Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the documentation. Are division
> and modulus on mathematical integers defined in the SMT-LIB standard?

Not currently. We will be happy to add them if there is a need.
Let me add though that, as always with these matters, the priority of
such additions to the standard is directly proportional to the
availability of benchmarks using them.

> If so, how are they defined when the two arguments have different
> signs?

Since they are not defined yet, this would be a good time to put
forward a proposal for their definition, if you have one :)

Cheers,

Cesare