[SMT-LIB] SMT-LIB: Syntax Error in smtlib/logics/QF_UFIDL.smt

Paulo J. Matos pocm at soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 15 04:45:54 EDT 2007

On 12/10/2007, Grundy, Jim D <jim.d.grundy at intel.com> wrote:
> How is a tool to know it's Foo theory resembles the requested Foo theory
> unless it takes a look at the theory file and concludes that it supports
> the same signature as the theory file describes?  (Not that we are doing
> that yet, but I figured that was what was ultimately intended.)

Well, you could just implement in your solver a way to recognize the
theory by looking at the :logic value at the benchmark and send the
problem to the builtin decision procedures at your discretion without
ever looking at the theory files (since when you build your solver,
you build it based on the SMT theory files). I think most of the
[minimal] solvers (at least mine) have only a parser for benchmarks.

If you have implemented only LIA, LRA and Arrays decision procedure
then, if a benchmark for UF shows up, you report your solver doesn't
support that and that's it.

Cheers,

Paulo Matos