[SMT-LIB] Important Re: SMT Workshop

Clark Barrett barrett at courant.nyu.edu
Sat Oct 6 12:26:25 EDT 2007

Dear member of the SMT community,

This year we have a difficult decision to make about where to host the SMT
Workshop.  In the past, PDPAR/SMT has had a tradition of alternating locations
between CAV and CADE.  In 2008, it is CADE's turn (CADE is part of IJCAR in
2008).  On the other hand, SMT-COMP has had a tradition of always being
associated with CAV and many people hope this association will continue.
Finally, in 2007, most people agreed that it was beneficial to co-locate the
SMT Workshop and SMT-COMP.  We would like to get feedback from the community on
this issue before making a final decision about the location of SMT Workshop
for 2008.

We (the organizers of SMT Workshop 2008) have put together a brief survey on
this subject as well as a few other subjects of recent interest.  Our hope is
that the results of this survey will help inform the current and future
decisions of SMT Workshop chairs.

We would appreciate it if you would take a few minutes to complete the survey
before Wednesday, October 10:

http://www.cs.nyu.edu/~barrett/smt08/survey.html

Thanks,

Clark Barrett and Leonardo de Moura