[FOM] AI Challenge

Dr. Cyrus F Nourani akdmkrd at mail.com
Mon Oct 16 03:14:46 EDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

 I found a few mintues to join that discussion to ease the scenario on what I wrote on AI and games briefs on circles that group can recognize Computers are best on processing millions alternative to suggest an option and with augmented intelligent models that has been improved. I published an alternative to chase game models at AAAI on the Deepblue vs Kasparov plays: Multiagent Chess Games:
ww.aaai.org/Papers/Workshops/1997/WS-97-04/WS97-04-010.pdf

 That model considers a multiagent group for either player, with every chess piece being a player.   So the two person games on a computer are not really two person games.
On ASL I stated theorems on infinitary games  modeling two person games with multiagent to reach bounds based on the game size summing propositions to a theorem proof.
plus.maths.org[https://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=https://plus.maths.org/content/sites/plus.maths.org/files/articles/2014/Nim/nim_game.jpg&imgrefurl=https://plus.maths.org/content/play-win-nim&h=391&w=400&tbnid=vk5LYVnITqbjQM:&tbnh=160&tbnw=163&usg=__pW1qhB9SeDF_xh9e4LHJ7zCuy4Y=&vet=1&docid=mzeUuL6br0gfXM&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1kN7YqPPWAhXObVAKHc4BCEQQ9QEILDAA]

Nim is a mathematical game of strategy in which two players take turns removing objects from distinct heaps. On each turn, a player must remove at least one object, and may remove any number of objects provided they all come from the same heap.

Considering the following: from GeeksForGeeks

Combinatorial Game Theory | Set 2 (Game of Nim)

Combinatorial Game Theory | Set 1 (Introduction)[http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/introduction-to-combinatorial-game-theory/]
 The Game of Nim is described by the following rules-
“ Given a number of piles in which each pile contains some numbers of stones/coins. In each turn, a player can choose only one pile and remove any number of stones (at least one) from that pile. The player who cannot move is considered to lose the game (i.e., one who take the last stone is the winner). ”
For example, consider that there are two players- A and B, and initially there are three piles of coins initially having 3, 4, 5 coins in each of them as shown below. We assume that first move is made by A. See the below figure for clear understanding of the whole game play.

            Amongst the conclusions there is that : we can conclude that this game depends on two factors-

The player who starts first.The initial configuration of the piles/heaps.
In fact, we can predict the winner of the game before even playing the game !
Nim-Sum : The cumulative XOR value of the number of coins/stones in each piles/heaps at any point of the game is called Nim-Sum at that point.

“If both A and B play optimally (i.e- they don’t make any mistakes), then the player starting first is guaranteed to win if the Nim-Sum at the beginning of the game is non-zero. Otherwise, if the Nim-Sum evaluates to zero, then player A will lose definitely.”

The multiagent game trees on heaps modeling NIM played on competitive models can be NIM win game sequences that do not depend on the starting player.  This an research that has to be supported before it can be explained.

To view a set definition : Game definition Nim is a 2 player game. A game state consists of a multiset S of nonnegative integers together with whose turn it is. If S does not contain any positive integers, then whose turn it is loses (we will call this the normal play rule) or wins (mis`ere rule), depending on the version of the game. Otherwise, a move consists of strictly decreasing one of the positive elements S to another nonnegative integer, and then whose turn it is alternates to the other player. Unless said otherwise, we assume the normal play rule.

On complexity of NIM an article from UCSD 2006 : Chris Calbro:
 Condition for a forced win : representing a game state simply as S and assume that player 1 goes first. Then we can say that S is losing iff every legal move on S leads to a winning state; (Notice that the universal quantifier obviates the need to define a base case since if there is no legal move, then certainly every legal move leads to a winning state.) otherwise, S is winning. Define the nim sum of a game S as g = the binary XOR of the numbers in S.
An actual winning move can be found in log space as well since this only requires computing the position of the most significant bit in the nim sum, finding an element of S with a 1 in that position, and computing the XOR of the remaining elements
The following are what I published recent on game trees and models:
Universal Logic: Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
* https://www.uni-log.org/cont5.html
... of superminds. A response to Bringsjord's argument on infinitary logic" .... Cyrus F. Nourani  "Predictive competitive model game trees"

*1999 European Summer Meeting of the Association for ... - jstor
https://www.jstor.org/st[https://www.jstor.org/st]
able/pdf/421084.pdf
took place at the University of Utrecht in The Netherlands on August 1-6, 1999. The. Program ... 1999 EUROPEAN SUMMER MEETING OF THE ASL. Abstracts of invited ...... II (J. Donald Monk and R. Bonnet, editors), North-Holland, Ams. 1989, pp. 11-24 ...... CYRUS F. NOURANI, Infinite multiplayergame trees.

Spring Southeastern Sectional Meeting, Full Program
Special Event or Lecture · Inquiries: meet at ams.org ...... (1087-65-15); 5:30 p.m.. Competitive Models, Descriptive Computing, and Nash Games. Cyrus F Nourani* & Oliver Schulte , SFU, Burnaby, Canada and Akdmkrd.tripod.com

The point is computers by themselves do no invent or process structures. To take that one point further that thought processes are reasoning jumps with guesses, I presented the ASL Summer colloquium MIM logik 1996 brief to a Morph Gentzen structural algebraic logic that can process structural guesses mimicking real thinking: More specifics are on a book I published on Intelligent Multimedia Computing, 2005, American Scientific publishers. Newer applications to structural learning and reasoning are published before since 1996: Slalom Tree Computing:   AI Communications.
Best regards.
Cyrus
Acdmkrd.tripod.com :Acdmkrd at gmail.com
MIT-NIM cyrusfn at alum.mit.edu