[FOM] vagueness in mathematics?

Chris Scambler cscambler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 01:41:11 EST 2017

Isn't there a propensity for vagueness to enter into mathematics with
respect the question: what makes for a good axiom?

Perhaps 'indeterminacy' is better than 'vagueness' here, but the point
remains.

Would V = ultimate L be a good axiom for set theory? Even in the best case
I think this would be unclear.