[FOM] Troelstra's Paradox and Markov's Principle

Harvey Friedman hmflogic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 23:03:49 EST 2016

Of course I like very much that you put links to such papers with
obvious f.o.m. content along with Abstract on the FOM, and I will soon
take a look. I haven't thought about the Creating Subject (Creative
Subject) for a long time, but I remember this as a major idea in the
foundations of intuitionistic logic going back to Brouwer?

So I assume there is the broader question of how to set up the
foundations of intuitionistic logic hopefully with more coherence than
one has at the moment?

In any case, it would be even more valuable if there was a short piece
of the kind I was describing concerning foundations of intuitionistic
logic or intuitionism or constructivity, where we are with it, and in
particular the role of the Creating Subject, and so forth.
Intuitionism seems tp be remarkably stable under many
"interpretations" even if they are rather rough/vague, and that seems
to make it very likely to me that there is a lot more to be discovered
concerning its foundations.

Harvey