[FOM] Counterfactuals in relative computability theory

Colin McLarty colin.mclarty at case.edu
Fri Aug 12 15:24:03 EDT 2016

Church's Thesis would be shown false if someone exhibited a provably
non-recursive function together with a procedure which every competent
judge agrees you can always use, successfully, in finite time, to calculate
every value of that function.

I am not waiting for this to happen.  But this is what it would be to show
Church's Thesis is false.

Compare how people did, in fact, convince themselves that not every
effective function is primitive recursive.