[FOM] Second-order logic and neo-logicism

Panu Raatikainen panu.raatikainen at helsinki.fi
Tue Mar 24 17:17:15 EDT 2015

Dear Ran,

What you're missing is that impredicative SOL does not only have some
mathematical content, but in particular substantial *set-theoretical
power* - which both Wright and Rossberg, for example, grant is
problematic in this context.  (see the quotes in the paper)

Best, Panu

E-mail: panu.raatikainen at helsinki.fi

http://www.mv.helsinki.fi/home/praatika/