[FOM] Eradicating Evil?

Urs Schreiber urs.schreiber at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 30 17:16:33 EDT 2014

On 10/30/14, I  wrote:
> On 10/29/14, Harvey Friedman <hmflogic at gmail.com> wrote in small part:
>
>> [...] as long as your categories have sets of objects, you’ll be able
>> to talk about equality of those objects. But I don’t see any way to
>> solve that unless your foundational axioms are really about the
>> 2-category of categories
>
> No, to solve this one just needs to have foundational axioms that are
> at least about the 2-groupoid of groupoids.

Harvey Friedman informs me that he did not originally write what I am
quoting above, but that this is a quote from somebody else, found on
the internet.

He also informs me that in his message that I was quoting from,
everything below the words "SPEAK NO EVIL" (capitalization in the
original) is quoted from sources on the internet.  While I did deduce
that some of this were quotes, it wasn't clear to me that the above
was, too.