[FOM] JOB: professorship on the Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science

Joao Marcos botocudo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 16:35:14 EDT 2014

A colleague wrote a wonderful advertise (see below) for some of the
(permanent) positions presently open at my university.  One of these
is on the *Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science*.  UFRN is one
of the very few universities in Brazil where logicians may be found at
the departments of Informatics, Philosophy and Mathematics (and even
the present rector of the university used to work as a logician).  We
would very much welcome another logician to strengthen our ranks.

The topics for the written exam and for the didactics exam may be found at:
  http://tinyurl.com/DIMAp-FMC
As you can see, we are looking for someone with a solid background on
Universal Algebra and Set Theory, and willing to teach Discrete Math
to undergrad computer science students.

The initial salaries are pretty competitive, and range around 4,000
USD / 3,000 EUR a month.

Candidates should feel free to write directly to me in case of any
doubts.  Best,
Joao Marcos