[FOM] Alternative foundations?

jkennedy at mappi.helsinki.fi jkennedy at mappi.helsinki.fi
Mon Feb 24 03:06:02 EST 2014

Hi,

On:

"If Juliette Kennedy is right that all category-theoretic and set-theoretic
approaches are bi-interpretable, this this refutes claims (2) and (3)."

If you need confirmation check the writings of Colin McCarty, he is
certainly an expert on this.

The foundational aspects of set theory aside---e.g. I believe it is
possible that the set theoretic formalism
is not optimal for certain kinds of proof-checking---if your concern
is with the mathematics of large cardinals, infinitary
combinatorics, inner models, and so on, that formalism is
going to be very useful.

-Juliette

--
Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies
Fabianinkatu 24 (P.O. Box 4)

and

P.O. Box 68 (Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2b)
FI-00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
tel. (+358-9)-191-51446, fax (+358-9)-191-51400
http://www.math.helsinki.fi/logic/people/juliette.kennedy/