[FOM] Alternative foundations?

jkennedy at mappi.helsinki.fi jkennedy at mappi.helsinki.fi
Fri Feb 21 03:09:58 EST 2014

Set theory and category theory are bi-intepretable. As to the below:

> Category theory itself furnishes several examples of objects that
> have no existence in set theory, such as the category of all sets.

The category of all sets is interpreted in set theory as V_kappa,
kappa inaccessible.

--
Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies
Fabianinkatu 24 (P.O. Box 4)

and

P.O. Box 68 (Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2b)
FI-00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
tel. (+358-9)-191-51446, fax (+358-9)-191-51400
http://www.math.helsinki.fi/logic/people/juliette.kennedy/