[FOM] Micro Set Theory

Paul Tarau paul.tarau at gmail.com
Fri May 17 11:17:36 EDT 2013

While encoding with powers of primes is not size-proportionate, more efficient bijective encodings exists - see

http://code.google.com/p/bijective-goedel-numberings/

With such encodings, formal notations that are about as large as the printed size of the naturals in V_7 correspond
to Goedel numbers of about the same size as the notations themselves.

On the other hand, I agree with Andrej's point that structure is more important than size. See

http://code.google.com/p/giant-numbers/

for a representation that can accommodate  numbers in V_n for significantly larger values of n, that have a "recursively regular" structure.

Paul Tarau