[FOM] Post-Doctoral Research Position at IIIA-CSIC, Barcelona
marco at iiia.csic.es
Thu Jul 4 09:38:56 EDT 2013
POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCH POSITION AT IIIA-CSIC, BARCELONA
The Artificial Intelligence Research Institute (IIIA-CSIC) will offer a 2.5-year post-doctoral research position to work on COINVENT, a high-profile international research project to be funded under the European Commission’s 7th Framework Programme.
The IIIA-CSIC belongs to the Spanish National Research Council, Spain’s largest public institution devoted to research and technological development. The IIIA-CSIC is a leading research centre in Europe in the areas of multiagent systems, machine learning, and uncertainty reasoning. It attracts funding from the European, Spanish, and Catalan governments and has substantial collaborative research projects with industry.
The COINVENT project, led by Dr. Marco Schorlemmer and Prof. Enric Plaza, aims at advancing in the formal understanding of creativity by developing a computationally feasible, cognitively-inspired formal model of concept invention, drawing from interdisciplinary research results from cognitive science, artificial intelligence, formal methods and computational creativity, and validating it for mathematical reasoning and melodic harmonisation. For more details pleas visit http://www.iiia.csic.es/coinvent/.
- doctoral degree in computer science or related fields
- programming skills and the ability to demonstrate a knowledge of techniques in artificial intelligence, particularly in computational logic, formal methods, knowledge representation and reasoning
- excellent oral and written skills in English, including writing reports and academic publications
- the ability to work independently or as part of a team with academic and commercial partners to achieve goals within tight time constraints
- the ability to demonstrate enthusiasm about state-of-the-art research, development and technology transfer
39.229,96€ per annum, payed in 14 instalments (2.802,14€ per month).
1st January 2014 at earliest. It may be possible to start later than this depending on the candidates’ circumstances.
Please fill out the web application form (http://www.iiia.csic.es/coinvent/application/form/) with
- your personal data,
- a short statement, in English, of why you are interested in joining the COINVENT project at IIIA-CSIC,
- name and contact information of one or two persons who are willing to provide confidential references, and
- your complete CV in PDF format.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: 15th September 2013.
For further information please contact Dr. Marco Schorlemmer (marco at iiia.csic.es).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FOM