[FOM] extramathematical notions and the CH

Steven Ericsson-Zenith steven at iase.us
Thu Jan 31 15:41:12 EST 2013

I agree with Tim. But I note that there appears to be a more basic epistemological question relating to the choice of metric and Joe's belief concerning the nature of relations.

Given any "experimentally measurable dimensionless physical quantity" a physicist is entitled to call this measure the unit length and compute other lengths with respect to it, thus all relative measures are subject to this choice of metric and accordingly it is these relative measures only that may or may not be a noncomputable real number.

Steven