[FOM] Questions on Cantor

Arik Hinkis arikhinkis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 14:56:16 EST 2013

A set that contains itself was discussed in correspondence between Dedekind
and Weber in 1888. See Dugac 1976 p 273.

Isn't any well-order relation also a well-founded relation? In his 1883
Grundlagen Cantor characterized the order relation between his transfinite
numbers (later ordinals) in terms of its well-founded properties.
Well-order he characterized by a different property and he did not show
there that the properties are equivalent.