[FOM] Reminder: Talk @CLPS-UGent: Hannes Leitgeb ( Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy)

gprimiero at libero.it gprimiero at libero.it
Fri Feb 15 08:09:29 EST 2013

Apologies for Multiple-Postings

Forthcoming Talk at the Centre for Logic and Philosophy of Science, Ghent
University, Belgium.

Speaker: Hannes Leitgeb ( Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy)
Title: Rational Belief: Four Approaches, One Theory

Date: Friday, 22 February 2013
Time: 16.00h-18.00
Room 1.46, Blandijnberg 2
B-9000 Ghent, Belgium

Abstract
What should a joint theory of rational belief and rational degrees of belief
look like? While the former concept will contribute principles of doxastic
logic, the latter will contribute principles of probability theory, but how can
we make sense of their interaction? I will present four different approaches of
how to answer this question: as it happens, all of them will ultimately justify
one and the same joint theory of belief and degrees of belief.