[FOM] "Hidden" contradictions

Charlie silver_1 at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 17 14:55:19 EDT 2013

	   Don't know any actual inconsistency and am skeptical, but a book comparing L's physics with Newton's continually chided L for miscalculating something, then miscalculating again in a compensatory fashion, arriving at the correct result.

	   Where's L's "inconsistency"?  And what "removed" it?  How did non-standard analysis "remove the most obvious inconsistency?   Are you claiming that infinitesimals, as employed by Leibniz, were actually inconsistent (and that non-standard analysis *removed* this inconsistency)?