[FOM] Reprinting the classics

elliott mendelson emenqc at msn.com
Sat Oct 13 20:23:13 EDT 2012

There is a translation of Hilbert & Ackermann:  Principles of Mathematical Logic, Chelsea Publishing Company, 1950.
Elliott Mendelson, emenqc at msn.com

Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 11:21:06 +0100
To: fom at cs.nyu.edu
From: francoli at kqnet.pt
Subject: Re: [FOM] Reprinting the classics

Dear FOMs

The remaining parts are eagerly awaited, I'm sure. Meanwhile,

readers of the French language can take refuge in the translation

of the second edition by F. Gaillard et M. Guillaume,

L'Harmattan, 2001 (title Fondements des Mathematiques)

Meanwhile, another classic German text that I think merits an

English translation is Hilbert & Ackermann's

Grundzüge der Theoretischen Logik

fourth edition, last reprint by Springer 1972.

Regards

ajfo