[FOM] Tier I Canada Research Chair in Logic and the Philosophy of Science

Richard Zach rzach at ucalgary.ca
Sat May 19 16:17:36 EDT 2012

[My department is advertising for a senior position in logic or
philosophy of science.  We are looking for a high-profile researcher at
or near the Full Professor level who can build up the department's
profile, attract and train graduate students in philosophy, and has
experience obtaining outside funding. The job is pretty cushy, with a
1-1 teaching load, competitive pay, and is a tenured permanent position.
Note that since this is a search under the CRC program there is no
requirement to give preference to Canadians.]

The Department of Philosophy at the University of Calgary invites
applications and nominations for a Tier I Canada Research Chair in Logic
and the Philosophy of Science. The Canada Research Chairs program has
been established by the Government of Canada to enable Canadian
universities to foster excellence in research and teaching. Further
information on the program is available on the CRC website at
www.chairs.gc.ca.

We are seeking an established scholar and a leader in any area of logic
or the philosophy of science. The successful candidate will have an
outstanding record of research, teaching and graduate supervision, and
an innovative research program. The appointment, at the rank of
Associate Professor or Professor, is expected to start on July 1, 2013.

Specific inquiries about this position may be directed to:

Ali Kazmi, Head
Department of Philosophy
University of Calgary
Email: akazmi at ucalgary.ca

All Chairs are subject to review and final approval by the CRC
Secretariat. Applications including a CV, a writing sample, a teaching
dossier, and a description of a 7 year research plan, and names and
contact information of three referees may be sent to:

Merlette Schnell, Manager
Department of Philosophy
University of Calgary
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4
CANADA
Email: schnell at ucalgary.ca

Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of
the applications will begin on July 9, 2012.