[FOM] Response / critical review of Franzen's Gödel book

// ravi ravi-lists at g8o.net
Mon Mar 26 19:28:54 EDT 2012

[to the moderators: apologies if this is outside the scope of this list]

Hello all,

while I have come across many positive reviews of Torkel Franzén’s "Gödel’s Theorem: An Incomplete Guide to Its Use and Abuse” such as Panu Raatikainen’s in the AMS (http://www.ams.org/notices/200703/rev-raatikainen.pdf), searches do not yield any critical treatment of the book or a defence by those [implicitly] accused of “abuse” of the result(s). I am curious if there are any serious ones and I would greatly appreciate any pointers.

Regards,

	—ravi