[FOM] 486:Naturalness Issues

Harvey Friedman friedman.8 at asc.ohio-state.edu
Sat Mar 17 00:44:11 EDT 2012

Z+up(3/2,1) = (3/2,1). Z+up(x) is always order equivalent to x.

Z+up(x) is the result of adding 1 to all coordinates greater than all coordinates not in Z^+.

Yes, (x,y) is the concatenation of x,y if x,y are in Q*.

I have a complete, or almost complete, treatment of what invariance conditions can be used for the maximal square.

I have given one form of this with uniform transformations. This will be strengthened when the fundamental equivalence relations on Q* are worked out.

This almost appears to make the statement mathematically inevitable.

I.e., I would like to claim that Invariant Maximality is inevitable.

Harvey Friedman