[FOM] Fictionalism About Mathematics

MartDowd at aol.com MartDowd at aol.com
Sun Mar 11 16:38:02 EDT 2012

My reaction is that the same view applies to physical reality.

More seriously, any freshman philosopher encounters the fact that there are
 fundamental differences between physical reality and mathematical reality.
  This does not entitle philosophers to characterize mathematical reality
as  fictional.

- Martin Dowd

In a message dated 3/10/2012 3:17:11 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,