[FOM] Turing Centenary Research Project "Mind, Mechanism and Mathematics"

S Barry Cooper pmt6sbc at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jul 11 19:54:26 EDT 2012

We are very happy to announce that the 8 Turing Fellows and Scholars have
been chosen to work on the 3-year Turing Centenary Research Project "Mind,
Mechanism and Mathematics". The details of the lucky winners can be found
at:
http://www.mathcomp.leeds.ac.uk/turing2012/give-page.php?704

There were no less than 92 proposals for these grants (provided by the
John Templeton Foundation), generally of very high quality, which gave the
Judging Panel a great deal of work to do. We would like to congratulate
the 8 worthy winners, and to encourage the other 91% of applicants to not
be discouraged, but to keep looking for funding opportunities, with the
expectation of eventual success.

We will be looking for a continuation of the "Mind, Mechanism and
Mathematics" programme in 2015.

Best, Barry

 Prof S Barry Cooper      Tel: UK: (0113) 343 5165, Int: +44 113 343 5165
 School of Mathematics    Fax: UK: (0113) 343 5090,  Int: +44 113 3435090
 University of Leeds      Email: pmt6sbc at leeds.ac.uk, Mobile: 07590602104
 Leeds LS2 9JT            Home tel: (0113) 278 2586, Int: +44 113 2782586
 U.K.                     WWW: http://www.amsta.leeds.ac.uk/~pmt6sbc
 The ALAN TURING YEAR                 http://www.turingcentenary.eu
 and its new journal COMPUTABILITY    http://www.computability.de/journal

Apologies, the ATY email overload is increasingly severe - if my reply
is delayed, I can only apologise, and hope you understand the unusual
circumstances arising from this remarkable year.
Only essential replies, please.