[FOM] Turing Centenary Research Project "Mind, Mechanism and Mathematics"

S Barry Cooper pmt6sbc at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jul 11 19:54:26 EDT 2012

We are very happy to announce that the 8 Turing Fellows and Scholars have
been chosen to work on the 3-year Turing Centenary Research Project "Mind,
Mechanism and Mathematics". The details of the lucky winners can be found

There were no less than 92 proposals for these grants (provided by the
John Templeton Foundation), generally of very high quality, which gave the
Judging Panel a great deal of work to do. We would like to congratulate
the 8 worthy winners, and to encourage the other 91% of applicants to not
be discouraged, but to keep looking for funding opportunities, with the
expectation of eventual success.

We will be looking for a continuation of the "Mind, Mechanism and
Mathematics" programme in 2015.

Best, Barry

 Prof S Barry Cooper      Tel: UK: (0113) 343 5165, Int: +44 113 343 5165
 School of Mathematics    Fax: UK: (0113) 343 5090,  Int: +44 113 3435090
 University of Leeds      Email: pmt6sbc at leeds.ac.uk, Mobile: 07590602104
 Leeds LS2 9JT            Home tel: (0113) 278 2586, Int: +44 113 2782586
 U.K.                     WWW: http://www.amsta.leeds.ac.uk/~pmt6sbc
 The ALAN TURING YEAR                 http://www.turingcentenary.eu
 and its new journal COMPUTABILITY    http://www.computability.de/journal

Apologies, the ATY email overload is increasingly severe - if my reply
is delayed, I can only apologise, and hope you understand the unusual
circumstances arising from this remarkable year.
Only essential replies, please.