[FOM] ICALP 2013: 2nd Call for Papers
icalp2013 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 04:36:19 EST 2012
ICALP 2013: 2nd Call for Papers
The 40th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and
the main conference and annual meeting of the European Association for
Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS),
will take place from the 8th to the 12th of July 2013 in Riga, Latvia.
The main conference will be preceded by a series of workshops,
taking place on Sunday, July 7th, 2013 (i.e., one day before ICALP).
Papers presenting original research on all aspects of theoretical
computer science are sought.
Typical but not exclusive topics of interest are:
** Track A: Algorithms, Complexity and Games
* Algorithmic Game Theory
* Approximation Algorithms
* Combinatorial Optimization
* Combinatorics in Computer Science
* Computational Biology
* Computational Complexity
* Computational Geometry
* Data Structures
* Design and Analysis of Algorithms
* Machine Learning
* Parallel, Distributed and External Memory Computing
* Parameterized Algorithms and Complexity
* Randomness in Computation
* Quantum Computing
** Track B: Logic, Semantics, Automata and Theory of Programming
* Algebraic and Categorical Models
* Automata Theory, Formal Languages
* Emerging and Non-standard Models of Computation
* Databases, Semi-Structured Data and Finite Model Theory
* Principles of Programming Languages
* Logics, Formal Methods and Model Checking
* Models of Concurrent, Distributed, and Mobile Systems
* Models of Reactive, Hybrid and Stochastic Systems
* Program Analysis and Transformation
* Specification, Refinement and Verification
* Type Systems and Theory, Typed Calculi
** Track C: Foundations of Networked Computation: Models, Algorithms
and Information Management
* Cloud Computing, Overlay Networks, P2P Systems
* Cryptography, Privacy, Security, Spam
* Distributed and Parallel Computing
* E-commerce, Auctions, Trust and Reputation
* Game Theory, Incentives, Selfishness
* Internet Algorithms
* Mobile and Complex Networks
* Natural and Physical Algorithms
* Network Information Management
* Sensor, Mesh, and Ad Hoc Networks
* Social Networks, Viral Marketing
* Specification, Semantics, Synchronization
* Web Mining, Searching, Ranking and Analysis
* Wireless and Optical Communication
*** Submission Deadline: Feb 15, 2013
*** Author Notification: Apr 12, 2013
*** Final Manuscript Due: April 28, 2013
*** The conference: July 8-12, 2013
Authors are invited to submit an extended abstract of no more than 12
pages in LNCS style presenting original research
on the theory of Computer Science. Submissions should indicate to
which track (A, B, or C) the paper is submitted.
No prior publication or simultaneous submission to other publication
outlets (either a conference or a journal) is allowed.
The proceedings will be published in the Lecture Notes in Computer
Science Series by Springer-Verlag.
It is strongly recommended that submissions adhere to the specified
format and length.
Submissions that are clearly too long may be rejected immediately.
Material other than the abstract,
references and the first 12 pages may be considered as supplementary
and will be read at the committee's discretion.
Best Paper Awards
As in previous editions of ICALP, there will be best paper and best
student paper awards for each track of the conference.
In order to be eligible for a best student paper award, a paper should
be authored only by students and should be
marked as such upon submission.
Submissions should be contributed using the EasyChair system
Submissions are due on February 15, 2013, 23:59 CET.
* Susanne Albers, Humboldt University
* Orna Kupferman, Hebrew University
* Paul Spirakis, University of Patras
* Daniel Marx, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
* Peter Widmayer, ETH Zürich
Rūsiņš Freivalds, University of Latvia
Contact: icalp2013 at gmail.com
More information about the FOM