[FOM] Nonstandard Analysis and the Transfer Principle

Robert Lubarsky Lubarsky.Robert at comcast.net
Sun Dec 23 11:34:37 EST 2012

Sam, your question sounds interesting, but I for one do not understand it.
What is a "classic" nonstandard system? I have a sense of proof-theoretic
strength of an axiom system, but I don't think that's what you mean by
"first-order strength" here. So what does that mean? Are you thinking only
relative to the standard reals, or do you want to relativize the question to
systems non-standard relative to some base system, which could itself be
non-standard?

Bob Lubarsky