[FOM] Changes to the 'Women in Logic' list

catarina dutilh cdutilhnovaes at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 03:15:10 EDT 2012

Hi all,

For almost three years, I’ve been running the ‘Women in Logic’ list, intended to increase the visibility of
women working in logic. But now I have decided to experiment with a new format:
a Google docs spreadsheet which can be viewed and edited by anyone, so that
everyone can add themselves and others to the list. The aim is for the list to
contain much more information than it did before, with names filed by
geographical area/continent, information on areas of expertise and topics
worked on, webpage and email etc.

Also, the list is now intended to cover all areas pertaining to logic: philosophy of logic, history
of logic, philosophical logic, mathematical logic, computational logic etc. It
is thus more inclusive than the original list. The Loriweb page will remain the
main portal giving access to the list:
http://loriweb.org/?page_id=1434

See here for further details on the rationale behind the list:
http://www.newappsblog.com/2012/04/changes-to-the-women-in-logic-list.html

So I ask all female logicians to add themselves to the list (including all relevant information) as
quickly as you can, and for everybody else to encourage their female colleagues
to do the same. Once the list is long enough, I can make it unavailable for
editing so as to avoid spamming/sabotaging.

Many thanks for your cooperation!

Catarina Dutilh Novaes
Faculty of Philosophy
University of Groningen