[FOM] Alan Turing T-shirt

Sam Sanders sasander at cage.ugent.be
Tue Apr 3 23:29:08 EDT 2012

To whom it may concern,

The following T-shirt of  Che Guevara is well-known:

It is usually accompanied by the slogan "Viva la revolucion" (spelling no doubt incorrect).

Now, an enterprising Dutchman went and made a nice parody:

The slogan here is the appropriate "Viva la computacion" (spelling no doubt incorrect).

I have worn such a T-shirt on a number of occasions (conferences, workshops, talks, etc) and each time
people have expressed the desire to purchase said item.

It is a nice way of honouring Turing, especially because normal people also approach you and ask
"Who's that guy on your T-shirt".  This is an ideal opportunity for "bringing FOM to the people" by
stating that Turing was a logician, mathematician and helped invent the computer.

ps: I am in no way affiliated with the aforementioned webshop.