[FOM] About Paradox Theory

Peter Arndt inftycat at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 08:07:55 EDT 2011

Hi Taylor!

Indeed this view on contradictions has been taken up by Rene Guitart, he
calls it moving logic. He said something about this in conference talk in
Lisbon 2010, I don't know of a published account; here are an abstract of
some work and some slides which do however not expand on the connection with
contradictions:
http://rene.guitart.pagesperso-orange.fr/textespublications/guitart05ml.pdf
http://saxo.univ-littoral.fr/CT08/slides/Guitart.ppt
Maybe he has some written account that has slipped my attention - you might
ask him.

Also Walter Carnielli has devised a "polynomial semantics" for propositional
logics, which includes semantics in F_4. He gave a course on this and
provided download links on this page (the example F_4 is worked out
somewhere there):
http://www.cle.unicamp.br/ebl2011/logic_school.php
I am not aware of any special attention to the treatment of contradictions
in these notes, but as he has worked on paraconsistent logic, it is well
possible that Carnielli has some thoughts on this...

Cheers,
Peter