[FOM] About Paradox Theory

hdeutsch at ilstu.edu hdeutsch at ilstu.edu
Sun Sep 18 20:22:32 EDT 2011

I agree that the nonexistence of the class of grounded classes is not
a theorem of FOL.  But I hesitate to agree that it requires
specifically set theoretic premises.  The only required premise is
AyEzAx[F(xz) <--> x = y] and as Vaughan Pratt mentioned, the argument
does not even assume extensionality.  I must confess, though, I'm not
sure what is at stake here.  Perhaps one should just say that the most
significant application of the relevant reasoning is in set theory.

Harry Deutsch