[FOM] About Paradox Theory

hdeutsch at ilstu.edu hdeutsch at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 17 10:46:45 EDT 2011

The claim that there is a valid first order argument corresponding to
the "paradox of grounded classes" is made concerning exercise 44,
p.285 of Logic: Techniques of Formal Reasoning by Kalish, Montague,
and Mar.  There is a reference to Montague, R., "On the Paradox of
Grounded Classes," JSL, Vol 20 (1955), p.140.  Does Montague's
"paradox of grounded classses" differ significantly from Mirimanoff's
paradox?

Harry Deutsch

Quoting T.Forster at dpmms.cam.ac.uk: