[FOM] CAV 2012: Call For Workshops
CAV 2012 CFP
cav2012.publicity.chair at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 20:17:34 EDT 2011
***** CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS *******
24th International Conference on
Computer Aided Verification
July 7-13, 2012
Berkeley, California, USA
Workshop Chair: Shuvendu Lahiri (Microsoft Research, Redmond)
The 2012 Computer-Aided Verification (CAV) Workshops provide an
opportunity for participants to discuss topics in the broader
verification related domains. CAV 2012 Workshops will be held
before the main conference on July 7 and 8.
Workshop proposals will be reviewed by the Workshop chair along with
the program chairs and members of the steering committee. Proposals
must consist of the following two parts:
-- Part I: Technical Information --
A short (about 1 page) scientific justification of the proposed
topic, its significance and relevance to CAV, and the particular
benefits of the workshop to the verification community, as well as a
list of previous or related workshops (if relevant).
-- Part II: Organizational Information --
- contact information of the workshop organizers
- identifying a main contact for the workshop (i.e. a workshop chair)
- the desired length of the workshop, (one or two days)
- estimate of the audience size
- proposed format and agenda (for example, demo sessions, tutorials, etc.)
- potential invited speakers
- procedures for selecting papers and participants
- plans for dissemination, if any (for example, special issues of
- special technical, AV, or USB stick needs
- links to a preliminary website of the workshop and call for
papers (if possible)
- information if workshop has been previously held
Proposals are due by Nov 10th, 2011 by email to the Workshop
chair. Organizers will be notified by Nov 20th, 2011.
The workshop proposals will be reviewed and evaluated on the following
* Potential to advance state of the art in verification technologies,
especially ability to break new ground.
* Relevance to CAV.
* Overlap of topics with other proposed workshops.
* Past-successes of the workshop and association with previous CAV
* Organizers' ability and experience to lead a successful workshop.
All accepted workshops will be asked to provide a webpage, call for
papers, and list of invited speakers. The workshop participants will
be required to register for the workshop through the CAV main
The registration rates for workshops will be set by CAV organizers in
consultation with the workshop organizers, following rate structures
similar to (but not the same as) those followed in the past. The
workshop organizers are strongly encouraged to seek external funding
For further enquiries or information, please contact:
Shuvendu Lahiri (CAV2012 Workshop Chair)
One Microsoft Way,
Redmond, WA 98052, USA
email: shuvendu AT <http://microsoft.com>microsoft.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FOM