[FOM] Inconsistency of P

Panu Raatikainen panu.raatikainen at helsinki.fi
Thu Oct 6 23:59:43 EDT 2011

My initial claim was wrong - no quarrel about that. In a hurry, I just
conflated two different issues in my mind.

"Monroe Eskew" <meskew at math.uci.edu>:

> If T is sufficiently strong, then T can define Delta_0 truth and prove
> the following "internal" version of Sigma_1 completeness:
> Now T proves S is consistent and Sigma_1 complete.
> So T proves S does not prove K(n) > c(T).

I understand that we now assume again that T really is inconsistent.
Then it is not very informative that it can prove these things -
because it can prove any claim whatsoever.

Panu Raatikainen

Ph.D., University Lecturer
Docent in Theoretical Philosophy

Theoretical Philosophy
Department of Philosophy, History, Culture and Art Studies
P.O. Box 24  (Unioninkatu 38 A)
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki

E-mail: panu.raatikainen at helsinki.fi