[FOM] Inconsistency of P

Daniel Mehkeri dmehkeri at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 22:44:16 EDT 2011

 > I am reasonably aware of Nelson on this, but my main point is that
 > mathematicians (including Nelson, by the way) seem to regularly use -
 > and teach - facts which logically imply the consistency of at least
 > significant fragments of PA, including PRA, or single quantifier PA.
 > At least, the former Nelson - and what about Nelson's current math
 > teaching?

"No one has actively tried to prevent me from doing constructive
mathematics. On the other hand, I don't think I could get away for long
teaching the required introductory analysis course from a constructive
point of view."
  -- Fred Richman, _Interview with a constructive mathematician_

Students, Bolzano-Weierstrass is invalid, you see there are sequences of
rationals in [0,1] with no convergent subsequence, called Specker
sequences ...