[FOM] A quotation from Fraenkel

T.Forster at dpmms.cam.ac.uk T.Forster at dpmms.cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 26 12:38:27 EST 2011

I have been reviewing a manuscript for a publisher, and it contains the
following observation, which the author attributes to Fraenkel

     ``[the axiom scheme of foundation] is to be discarded once it
       turns out that it impedes significant mathematical research..''

  Now i *could* chase up the author but something tells me that breaching
anonymity in that manner would not be cool.  I have my own copy of Fraenkel
*Einleiting in die Mengenlehre* but i can't find it anywhere in there.  Can
anyone cite a source..?

      thanks

        tf