[FOM] "Salvaging" Voevodsky's talk

Panu Raatikainen panu.raatikainen at helsinki.fi
Sun Jun 5 12:11:19 EDT 2011

If I am not totally confused, there are versions of constructive type
theory which prove the consistency of PA (right?).
I wonder what Voevodsky would say about that?

Best, Panu

On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 06:51:22PM -0400, Timothy Y. Chow wrote:

> The last part of his lecture argues that constructive type theory is a
> better approach to foundations than traditional approaches are, because it
> is more robust to possible contradictions.

Panu Raatikainen

Ph.D., University Lecturer
Docent in Theoretical Philosophy

Theoretical Philosophy
Department of Philosophy, History, Culture and Art Studies
P.O. Box 24  (Unioninkatu 38 A)
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki

E-mail: panu.raatikainen at helsinki.fi